Information about The Zaky ZAK® for professionals
Thank you for using The Zaky ZAK®
Here is more information and helpful links:
The Zaky ZAK® is the only evidence-based device engineered to hold the weight and proper position of babies (skin to skin or clothed) in the hospital and then at home. It was engineered by Yamile Jackson, a Ph.D. in ergonomics engineering and [kangaroo] mother of Zachary, who was born at 28 weeks and spent five months in two different NICUs.
It provides an ergonomic micro-environment for safety, warmth, love, healing, nutrition, development, growth, and protection for babies weighing 1 to 15 lbs.
The simple, adjustable, quiet, easy to use, strong, and practical design with zippers:
- Ensures perfect fit every time from admission to discharge and beyond.
- Enables easy, reliable, and quiet access at all times for breastfeeding, pumping, and interventions
- Does not use Velcro (Velcro® is loud, disruptive, challenging to reposition, loses strength with every wash, and can't be partially opened) or ties (ties create pressure points)
- Minimizes human errors.
- Significantly reduces risks of falls or injury during skin to skin and breastfeeding.
- Provides a predictable and safe experience for clinicians, parents, and patients before, during, and after holding.
Learn more about:
- Independent Clinical evidence shows significant improvement in duration, frequency, and parent satisfaction and is used for patients with heart disease and term babies after going home.
- Publication: Parent-Training with Kangaroo Care [using The Zaky ZAK] Impacts Infant Neurophysiological Development & Mother-Infant Neuroendocrine Activity
- Publication: Neonatal Skin-to-Skin Contact [With The Zaky ZAK]: Implications for Learning and Autonomic Nervous System Function in Infants With Congenital Heart Disease
- New Standard: Parents should be allowed to fall asleep during SSC or Kangaroo Care (KC)".
The Zaky ZAK® is the only device with a 5-step process to follow to keep the baby safe even if parents fall asleep in the hospital while supervised.
- Four reasons why The Zaky ZAK® is the best Kangaroo Care Device
Sizing of The Zaky ZAK®
- The Zaky ZAK® for Delivery, OR, and Postpartum.
- The Zaky ZAK® for intubated babies
- Kangaroo Care/Skin to Skin with The Zaky ZAK®
- What is the "Eat/Sleep/Console Method of Care" for babies experiencing Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) and Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome (NOWS)?
Why does The Zaky ZAK® have zippers?
- How to evaluate a Kangaroo Care Device
- five things parents should do before holding in kangaroo care/skin-to-skin contact
- 10 Point Checklist for Baby’s Safe Positioning During Kangaroo Care with the Zak ZAK
Birth Kangaroo Care Competency Checklist
- The Zaky ZAK, the RAPP tool, and the Sudden Unexpected Postnatal Collapse (SUPC) risk during birth skin-to-skin contact.
The International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI) acknowledges The Zaky ZAK® as a "hip-healthy" product.
Learn about our other products and solutions: