The Zaky Science
The science behind The Zaky products:
Mother instincts are real
The Zaky was born out of necessity by a PhD in engineering that gave birth prematurely to Zachary (Read our true story) Yamile applied her newly found maternal instinct, her professional and educational experiences to combine them with science and engineering principles and best practices to research/develop each of the products with the input of every stakeholder.
After 3+ years of research and development for each product, she created the only system that provides tool that facilitate evidence-based neuroprotective and family-integrated care, around the clock, for every baby and child regardless of size, medical condition, or developmental stage.
- The Zaky ZAK carefully designed for caregivers to provide skin-to-skin care to ANY baby that has green light to be held. Hospital staff trust it even with the most vulnerable babies because the simplicity of its design meet the most complex situations. There are several publications that use The Zaky ZAK as the tool for skin to skin contact. Contact us for more info.
- it reduces errors as everyone uses the same - no decision needs to be made about what device and what size to use with what baby depending on the size, medical condition, or developmental stage)
- Effective supply chain:
- Count inventory (count how many HUGs, all have the same universal size/weight)
- Ordering (only select the color. Each package has one pair of The Zaky HUG and wash bag)
- Storage (keep them by pairs in the ziplock provided, or one bin for left hands and one for right hands)
- Training (its intuitive feature of simulating the hands make it more effective for training: Use your hands then replace with The Zaky HUG. There is no decision of size/weight, the training is streamlined and dedicated mostly on developmental care not what device to use depending on the position or the size of the baby. It was designed so that parents learn and provide neuroprotective and nurturing care for their babies.
- Quality control - everyone using the same tools, and parents knowing how to use them makes everyone participant of quality control.
PUBLICATION: NONPHARMACOLOGIC PAIN MANAGEMENT: A Cochrane Library Publication: "Effect of Facilitated Tucking Created with Simulated Hands [The Zaky HUG] on Physiological Pain Indicators during Venipuncture in Premature Infants" concluded that "According to the results of the current research, using the simulating glove [The Zaky HUG] to reduce pain during invasive and painful procedures is an effective and easy method for preterm newborns. Therefore, it is recommended that such simulation devices be applied in NICU for pain management, especially when parents of infants refuse to be present during painful procedures."
- The Zaky ZEN Prepares your skin for the smoothest touch. Free of sulfates, toxic chemicals, fillers, parabens, dyes and synthetic fragrances. Unscented so your baby feels his favorite scent: yours. Or naturally scented so your baby develops memory structures with subtle scents. Regularly check our blog to learn more about babies sense of smell!