Information about The Zaky HUG® for professionals
Here is more information and helpful links for The Zaky HUG® for hospitals:
The Zaky HUG is the only device engineered by a former NICU parent (and PhD in ergonomics and safety engineering) and with parents' experience in mind. It extends a loving touch and provides a predictable micro-environment by simulating the shape, weight, scent, and touch of the parents' hands and arms that HUG and comfort the baby while not being held.
One universal weight and size allows you to provide individualized care to all babies and children anywhere, in any hospital unit, daycare, and home.
Similarly to adults, babies sleep better when the bed and items that touch them feel familiar, warm, safe, and comfortable, and interventions create as minimal disruption as possible. Hence the importance of using one pair of The Zaky HUG day after day, shift after shift, preferably scented with the scent of the parents (they hold The Zaky HUG to their skin on the chest or behind the neck for 30 minutes).
One pair of The Zaky HUG virtually replaces all other developmental care devices: nests, rolls, positioners, attachment aids, transitional aids, comfort aids, etc., to keep a predictable environment where patients self regulate significantly more effectively and even with decreased apnea and bradycardia and reduce pain indicators
Independent Research that evaluates The Zaky HUG in NICUs:
Publication: RCT: Neuroprotective Core Measure 2: Partnering with Families - Effects of a Weighted Maternally-Scented Parental Simulation Device [The Zaky HUG] on Premature Infants in Neonatal Intensive Care
- Cochrane Library Publication: Effect of Facilitated Tucking Created with Simulated Hands [The Zaky HUG] on Physiological Pain Indicators during Venipuncture in Premature Infants
- Publication: Does mother scented simulated hand [The Zaky HUG(] promote comfort, reduce pain, and distress among mechanically ventilated preterm neonates during invasive procedures? We can conclude that wrapping the preterm neonates with a warm MSSH promotes comfort and reduces pain and dis-tress during invasive procedures
- What is "Eat/Sleep/Console Method of Care" for babies experiencing NAS?
[The Zaky HUG for NAS babies] Pediatric Experts Find Aromatherapy Effective for Promoting Infant Healing, NAS Recovery
- Why does the Zaky HUG have the shape of the parents' arms/hands?
- The Zaky HUG - Instructional Videos for the NICU, PICU and units with babies and small children
- From Philips' developmental aids, to evidence-based The Zaky HUG (Product Suite Comparison)
- Laundry Protocol
- Reuse: May be washed and re-assigned to another patient.
- Scent The Zaky HUG: Scent with the parents' scent after every wash by placing it on the chest or behind the neck touching the skin.