The Zaky Academy - Inauguration Event: Kangaroo Care Educational Series
The Zaky Educational Series is a four 1 hr workshops on the 15th of each month from January to April, 2021 to prepare for the Kangaroo Care Day (May 15th, 2021) Workshops will be attended virtually via Zoom. Curriculum includes one-hour workshops and discussion groups for 20 participants.
Target Audience & Goals
Nurses, therapists, volunteers, parent leaders, social workers, and anyone organizing the 2021 Kangaroo Care Day celebrations, both within and outside of the United States will:
- Enhance knowledge of kangaroo care from experts
- Develop a plan for implementing kangaroo care events and training for KC Day.
- Evaluate The Zaky mobile app (funded by the Gates Foundation)
Schedule of Events
All workshops times are listed in the Central Time Zone (Chicago) and will be held virtually via Zoom. Each workshop includes a session by an educator, a parent's experience with KC, and discussion.
Registration closes on January 1st. 2021
- Registration is closed. Access information will be emailed to participants on Monday, October 5, 2020.
- Wait list for Day 1 is now closed.
Session 1 - Friday January 15th, 2021
Session 2 - Monday February 15, 2021
Session 3 - Monday, March 15, 2021
Session 4 - Thursday, April 15, 2021
Educational Series Presenters
The Zaky thanks the 15 outstanding presenters participating in this inaugural Educational Series.
Meet the Educational Presenters (***Mary Coughlin, Susie Ludington, Dawn Hannah, Ashley Weber, Marc-Anthony, Dorothy Vittner, Myra) Parents: Cristal Grogan, Deb Discenza, Jen Degl, Yamile Jackson, father, one more)
Workshops price include all 4 sessions.
- Workshop fee: ____ (depends on the cost of the teachers - aiming for free)
Instructional methodology may include didactic, audiovisual, demonstration, experiential exercises, case examples and small and large group discussions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about the 2021 Educational Series? Contact us below
The 2021 Educational Series is open to anyone in the organizing team of kangaroo care events and celebrations for Kangaroo Care Day. The Zaky has the right to refuse or cancel ineligible registrations at any time and shall not be held accountable for any outside fees associated with this cancellation. If you have any specific questions regarding your eligibility status, please contact Yamile Jackson, Conference Coordinator
Registration cancellations must be submitted to The Zaky in writing 10 business days prior to the first training day, see cancellation dates below:
Workshop fee(s) minus, a $20 administrative charge, will be refunded only if the request is received 10 business days prior to the first training day. Because registrations generate contractual and non-refundable guarantees between The Zaky and other parties, registration refunds will neither be made after 10 business days prior to the training day nor to parties who register but do not attend.
Registrations may be transferred to another person without penalty only if original registrant notifies The Zaky within 24-hours of the training day.
If a technical failure at the attendee’s home or workplace prevents access to the virtual training, the attendee will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the virtual training. However, if a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the virtual conference is cancelled, a full refund will be provided. Recordings of the workshops will not be available.
The Zaky reserves the right to cancel this educational series in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If such occurs, The Zaky will attempt to notify registrants at least 5 calendar days prior to the event and refund all workshop fees. In all instances, the liability of The Zaky is limited to refunding such fees.
- Registrants understand and agree that by registering for the 2021 The Zaky Educational Series, you hereby consent to being photographed, videotaped, or audio-taped by The Zaky in connection with the above- named event or session; The Zaky has authority to use or reproduce such photographs, video recordings, or audio recordings for The Zaky educational or promotional purposes only.
- The 2021 Educational Series is sponsored by The Zaky (Nurtured by Design) and the Foundation for Premature Babies for educational purposes only. The material presented is not intended to represent the only or best approaches to the topics being discussed and participants waive any claim they may have against Nurtured by Design for assurance on information presented.
- The Zaky seeks to provide a learning environment in which diverse participants may learn, network, and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and hold that environment for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are, therefore, specifically prohibited:
- Harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, appearance, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- The Zaky expects professional conduct by attendees at all times while at sponsored events.
The Zaky Educational Series is co-sponsored by Nurtured by Deign and the The Foundation for Premature Infants.
A complete list of workshop overviews and learning objectives are available on the registration page of each training day. If you have questions regarding the program, presenters, please contact The Zaky at: email@example.com or Kangaroo Care Day firstname.lastname@example.org